Advanced Object Design with Patterns and Agile Modeling
Via Giosuè Carducci 125
This popular, high-impact, and hands-on course on mastering advanced object-oriented design (OOD) and design patterns (primarily the “Gang of Four” design patterns) with agility is aimed at architects and developers of software systems, You will learn to design with patterns, apply visual modeling in an agile modeling approach, and a suite of related advanced design topics, including the design of packages. This course is based on acclaimed industry leader (and LeSS co-creator) Craig Larman’s -- author of one of the world's most popular texts on software design -- extensive experience coaching and applying OOD since the mid 1980s.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- design flexibly with patterns (primarily, the “gang-of-four” design patterns)
- learn and collaborate with agile modeling
- design good type (class) hierarchies
- learn and collaborate with simple UML
- apply refactorings to patterns
- agile modeling
- domain modeling
- exploring together the GRASP principles: Information Expert, Creator, Facade Controller, Low Coupling, High Cohesion, Polymorphism, Pure Fabrication, Indirection, Protected Variations
- SOLID principles
- class hierarchy design
- introduction to design patterns for object-oriented development & architecture
- exploring together: Adapter, Proxy, Decorator, Abstract Singleton, Simple Factory
- exploring together: Strategy, Composite, Policy
- exploring together: Command, Memento, Command Processor
- exploring together: Observer, Template Method
- exploring together: Abstract Factory, Factory Method
- exploring together: State
- exploring together: Facade, Bridge, Builder, Chain of Responsibility
- exploring together: Iterator, Interpreter, Mediator, Prototype
In this intensive seminar there is some lecture time, but the majority is spent in small teams at vast whiteboard spaces while the coach rotates and works with each team, guiding them through the case study problems. The course proceeds through a series of case studies within which you learn design pattern skills. Other education methods include rotation reviews, multi-modal learning, and pair learning. These skills are applied repeatedly in several iterations of the case studies, as we go deeper, reinforce knowledge, and illustrate iterative and evolutionary development. New design patterns are introduced incrementally across the iterations.
Design patterns are a critical skill of successful developers to support design agility. Various studies indicate that after initial release of a software system, at least 50% of effort and cost is spent in modification. To save money, it is skillful and economic to take a long-term view of product development and invest in simple, clear and extensible designs that reduce these costs.
You will leave this course with deeper skill to apply patterns and create quality designs that have agility – that support reduced modification costs and increased comprehensibility, and hence support business agility.
Price: 1,900 EUR
Early Bird Price: 1,700 EUR (End Date: 2021-10-08)
Additional Price Information: The prices are net of any applicable VAT (22% in Italy). And, group discounts available... please ask