Certified LeSS Practitioner: Principles to Practices
Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams. LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
The Certified LeSS Practitioner course is an in-depth course covering the LeSS principles, framework and rules, and guides. It provides essential information for adopting and improving LeSS to your product development group. The course contains an overview of LeSS, stories on LeSS adoptions, exercises and extensive LeSS Q&A to ensure we discuss the topics most of interest to the participants.
In the day-1, we start from LeSS overview, and bring into a view of organizational design as a series of choices. Throughout the course, we shall apply systems thinking to examine those most important choices from LeSS. The focus of the first day is on one product owner and one product backlog.
In the day-2, we extend the topic from product backlog to product definition. We learn expanding and restraining questions to help define the product. We review the definition of done from Scrum and learn to apply it in large scale. The focus of the second day is the feature team structure, and the LeSS organization built upon feature teams.
In the day-3, once we have both one product owner/one product backlog and feature teams, we are ready for LeSS sprints. We examine various ways of coordination and integration across teams. We learn about the role of ScrumMasters and Managers in the LeSS organization. The focus of the third day is the LeSS adoption. We examine the principles and guides to prepare for your adoption.
This course is suitable for leaders who intend to adopt or are adopting LeSS. Leaders may be executives, managers, coaches and ScrumMasters, etc.
- LeSS Overview
- Systems Thinking
- Product Owner
- Product Backlog
- Product Definition
- Definition of Done
- Feature Team and Organization
- Case Study
- LeSS Sprint
- Coordination and Integration
- ScrumMaster and Manager
- LeSS Adoption
- This course lasts 3 days, from 9:00 to 17:00-17:30, with the maximum number of 20
- The participants should have solid understanding and practical experience about Agile and Scrum, and preferably hold CSM or the equivalent
- All participants will be a CLP (Certified LeSS Practitioner) and will get an account on less.works. From there they can find additional information about LeSS, share course information and stay in contact with the other course participants
- All participants get access to three books about LeSS
Price: 10,000 CNY
Early Bird Price: 8,500 CNY (End Date: 2022-05-31)