Certified LeSS Basics
Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams. LeSS.works gives an overview. LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
This Online Certified LeSS Basics training runs from 09:30 am – 1:30 pm (BST) with a total duration of 8 hours covered across 2 days.
The following topics will be covered in the online Certified LeSS Basics course:
- Why LeSS?
- LeSS Overview and introduction to LeSS Huge
- LeSS Rules and Principles
- Feature Teams
The Certified LeSS Basics online remote training course is a brief introduction to the LeSS Framework. It provides training in the framework and some of the essential concepts that it uses.
The Certified LeSS basics course is for anyone who is involved in a LeSS effort. Basic Scrum knowledge is expected and can be achieved by attending a Certified Scrum Master or a Professional Scrum Master course, or thoroughly reading Scrum introduction material such as the Scrum Primer and practicing Scrum. The Certified LeSS Basics course is often combined with a Scrum course where this will be the last day of a longer Scrum-focused training.
What participants will learn
- How to answer the question, “Why LeSS?”
- How to explain that LeSS is a Scrum-based approach to scaling
- How to summarise what impact this has on organisational design (structures, policies, etc.)
- How to explain the dynamics of component teams vs. feature teams
- How to explain each LeSS role and its purpose
- How to explain why there is only one real Product Owner and not so-called “team POs”
- How to explain the LeSS Complete diagram, organising LeSS information in terms of principles, rules, guides, and experiments
- How to explain how LeSS scales over ~8 teams
- The existence and location of major learning resources at less.works
What participants will get
- All participants will receive a Certified LeSS Basics certificate and an account on less.works.
- LeSS is a Scrum Alliance-approved scaling framework. Attendance at this course will earn you eight Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Basic Scrum knowledge is expected and can be achieved by attending a Certified Scrum Master or a Professional Scrum Master course, or extensive reading.
Price: 350 GBP
Additional Price Information: + VAT