Certified LeSS Basics
71 Rue Desnouettes
Paris Postal Code: 75015
The Certified LeSS Basics course provides essential information on how to scale your product development to multiple teams by implementing the Scrum framework. This highly interactive course ensures a good overview of the LeSS framework and LeSS principles.
What is LeSS ?
Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams. LeSS.works gives an overview. LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
Target audience: who benefits from the CLB course?
The course is targeted to experienced Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Agile Coaches and managers in Product Development departments.
What you will learn
After participating in the course, you will be able to
- Articulate why LeSS
- Explain how LeSS is a Scrum-based approach to scaling
- Summarize what impact this has on the organisational design (structures, policies, etc.)
- Explain the dynamics of component teams vs. feature teams
- Explain all LeSS roles and their purposes
- Explain why there is one and only real PO and not so-called team POs
- Explain the LeSS Complete diagram, organizing LeSS information in terms of the principles, rules, guides, and experiments
- Explain how LeSS scales over ~8 teams
- Know the existence of and location of major learning resources at less.works, including at least these sections: Why LeSS?, Introduction to LeSS, the rules, the online videos & books chapters.
Participants have passed either a Scrum foundations course (CSM, PSM) from Scrum Alliance or Scrum.org or have acquired the same knowledge from reading and practising.
To maximize your learning experience, please
- do the LeSS Test and refer to Scrum Guide in case of questions
- get familar with the core ideas of LeSS
- watch the LeSS Complete Picturein 3 minutes
- watch the Introduction to LeSSin 8:14 minutes
What you receive
Certified LeSS Basics certificate (In order to acquire the CLB badge you will need to attend the event over the entire period of the course.)
Food: A tasty lunch of your own choice is served at noon. Coffee, tea and drinks are available over the whole course.
About the Trainer
Marc Lustig has experience adopting Scrum since 2006. As a CTC, he is one out of roughly 150 Certified Agile Coaches with Scrum Alliance world-wide. He is also registered as a LeSS Friendly Scrum Trainer with the LeSS Company (less.works).
Introduction to LeSS (Why LeSS?)
Lean Thinking and System Thinking
LeSS - as Scrum-based approach on scaling
How does LeSS scale over ~8 teams?
Dynamics of component teams vs. feature teams
Roles, Events, Artifacts
What is basic Scrum and what is specific to LeSS?
Why there is only real PO and not so-called team POs?
Why ScruMaster in LeSS is a full-time role?
Impact of LeSS on organizational design (structures, policies)
Local Optimization vs. Global Optimization
The ‘Contract’ Game
Why Product definition should be broad
LeSS vs. LeSS Huge
Price: 720 EUR
Early Bird Price: 590 EUR (End Date: 2019-08-31)