Certified LeSS Practitioner: Principles to Practices
51-53 Hatton Gardens
London Postal Code: EC1N 8HN
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
LeSS (Large-Scale Scrum) provides simple structural rules and guidelines on adopting Scrum in large development efforts and is also a framework for scaling Agile development across multiple teams. LeSS builds on Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional and self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying those at scale.
The Certified LeSS Practitioner course is a highly interactive, in-depth course covering the LeSS principles, framework, rules, and guides. It provides essential information for adopting and continuously improving LeSS in your organisation using various thinking tools, organisational tools and action tools. The course contains an overview of LeSS, stories on LeSS adoptions, exercises and extensive Q&A sessions to ensure that the topics most of interest to the participants are investigated in detail.
Who should attend
The Certified LeSS Practitioner course is for Project Managers, Development Managers and Product Owners — and anyone who is involved a large agile adoption — who already have basic Scrum knowledge.
Ideally attendees will have taken a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) course, or be thoroughly familiar with Scrum introduction materials, such as the Scrum Guide. They should also have experience in practicing Scrum.
What you will learn
In this highly interactive course, participants will get a thorough introduction to LeSS, a deep understanding of the underlying principles and the concrete practices to help them to implement LeSS in their own organisation.
- The History and Overview of LeSS
- LeSS Principles
- Organising by Customer Value
- Adoption in your Organisation
- What is Your Product?
- The Product Owner Role in LeSS
- Defining Done
- Product Backlog
- The role of Management
- The ScrumMaster Role in LeSS
- LeSS Sprint
- Product Backlog Refinement
- Sprint Planning
- Sprint Review & Retrospective
- Coordination & Integration
- Technical Excellence
- Working with multiple sites
There will also be multiple opportunities for participant-driven Q&A sessions to explore LeSS in your context.
What you will receive
- Three days of high-quality instruction,
- A detailed workbook and course materials,
- Certification as a Certified LeSS Practitioner®,
- An account on the less.works website which contains additional information about LeSS, course information and options to stay in contact with the other course participants,
- 24 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) towards your CSP® certification,
- A copy of the upcoming book Large-Scale Scrum; More with LeSS.
Attendance and active participation across the three days will result in the Certified LeSS Practitioner® designation. There is currently no examination.
Price: 1,500 GBP
Early Bird Price: 1,350 GBP (End Date: 2020-05-20)