Agile Leadership - Essentials
|Type: Training||Date: 2020-03-31||Start Time: 09:00||John Coleman|
Helping Leaders Understand their Role in Enabling Agile Transformation
The Professional Agile Leadership EssentialsTM (PAL-E) is a 2-day hands-on workshop that uses a combination of instruction and hands-on exercises to help managers and other leaders who work directly with agile teams understand how to best support, guide, and coach their teams to improve their agile capabilities. The workshop provides a foundation for the role that leaders play in creating the conditions for a successful agile transformation. Leaders and managers are critical enablers in helping their organizations be successful, yet the role of leaders and managers in an agile organization can be quite different from what they are used to. This workshop uses a combination of instruction and team-based exercises to help participants learn how to form and support agile teams to achieve better results, and how to lead the cultural and behavioral changes that organizations must make to reap the benefits of an agile product delivery approach.
Becoming an agile organization is a profound transformation that requires senior leaders, middle managers, and agile team members to change the way that they organize their work, manage that work, and measure the results of the work. Agile teams cannot do this on their own; they need help from the entire organization. The changes for all involved are profound, but so are the results when everyone's goals and ways of working are aligned.
What You Will Learn
To succeed in a changing world, organizations need to become more agile, more responsive to customer needs and market changes. This workshop will equip leaders and managers to help their organizations change by providing participants with:
- An understanding of how agility can help you improve your organization's performance
- An understanding of how you, as a manager or leader, can help your organization achieve the benefits of agility
- An understanding of how culture and values influence your organization's ability to reap the benefits of agility
- Practical skills for helping to guide and coach agile teams, and to help them remove impediments
- An understanding of how to measure the benefits and impacts of agility in your organization
View the different Focus Areas covered within this class and others.
Expected Outcomes After Attending the Workshop
You will understand where and how agility can help your organization improve, by addressing challenges you can solve in no other way. You will also understand how agile teams work and what you, as a manager or leader, can do to help them to improve. You will also be able to quantify the benefits of improving the agility of your organization through concrete measures.
This class can be delivered on-site, in a specific organization, to help its leaders understand their important role in transforming their organization, or in a public class setting.
Professional Agile Leadership Certification
All participants completing the Professional Agile Leadership - Essentials course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Agile Leadership I (PAL I) certification assessment. PAL-E class participants who attempt the PAL I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free passwords and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
Leaders will understand how agility adds value to their organization and why their support in creating the proper culture is essential to success. They will be prepared to support and enable teams by providing guidance and removing impediments that are beyond the team’s ability to address.
- Professional introduction to Agile, and connecting agility with what really matters to the success of your organization.
- Understand how leading with Agile principles and values creates better outcomes, and overcome many organizational challenges.
- Understand how to create a culture of engagement in continuous improvement & delivery, and an accountability model for the modern-day organization to sustain agility.
Professional Agile Leadership Essentials is a 2 day workshop to equip leaders and managers of Agile teams along with their Product Owners and Scrum Masters to help their organizations change by providing participants with:
- An overview of what “Agile” is and why organizations need it to thrive in a changing world.
- The means to identify the potential opportunities, challenges and impacts of Agile in terms of business value and why this is so important to the next generation organization.
- An understanding of techniques to support teams to sustain long-term agility including the role that leaders play, shifts in thinking, and the relationship between complexity and empiricism.
- Ways to continue the development of the people to help them grow and prosper in an agile way of working.
- Guidance on how to measure and guide agile product delivery, countered by one of John's measurement case studies
- Discuss ways to scale agility across several teams within the organization while keeping them working together to deliver on a common vision.
Who Should Attend?
The Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course is designed for managers and those in leadership roles including Product Owners and Scrum Masters who want to grow their organization’s ability to respond to market opportunities, competitive pressures, or opportunities for innovation.
- Why Agile Matters
- Challenges of an Agile Leader
- Leaders Grow Agility
- Developing People
- Measuring Agility
All participants completing the Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course will receive a password to attempt the PAL I assessment. The industry-recognized PAL I certification requires a minimum passing score on this rigorous assessment.
Are you ready?
Attendees of Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF), Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I), and Professional Scrum Product Owner(PSPO) are expected to prepare themselves. In fact, regardless of the workshop, basic, intermediate or advanced, the advice to prepare is to watch:
- Product Owner, in a Nutshell - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=502ILHjX9EE
- a video on common misperceptions of a Product Owner - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr2rjaGmUzo
- Scrum Tapas videos at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=scrum+tapas+scrum.org especially video recordings by Steve Porter, Ryan Ripley, and Don McGreal
and slowly & carefully read:
- the agile manifesto (values and principles pages, particularly the principles pages) - http://agilemanifesto.org/
- the scrum guide and read the history at https://www.scrumguides.org/scrum-guide.html
- Bonus points if you already read Liberating Structures for large group facilitation - http://www.liberatingstructures.com/ls/. Extra bonus points if you install and play with the Liberating Structures app; it's free.
Arriving at a workshop without having slowly and carefully read the Scrum Guide shows disrespect to other attendees. Respect is one of the five Scrum Values.
Special preparation is required for PSK, PSU, and PAL-E workshops
One should not register for John Coleman's PSK, PSU, or PAL-E workshops without basic Scrum knowledge, something many people underestimate. Ticket holders will be vetted for event readiness. The standard for those workshops specifically, to not hold back the workshop, is PSM-I-level knowledge or equivalent (having the certificate does not guarantee that the trainer will be satisfied due to elapsed time since certification and other factors).
To self-assess your knowledge, please do the Scrum.org open assessments for Scrum Open, Product Owner Open, Nexus Open, Leadership Open at https://www.scrum.org/open-assessments. Please also do LeSS Scrum Test at https://less.works/less/test/scrum.html. When you get 100% in the Scrum.org assessments within 6 minutes per assessment and you get 100% in the LeSS Scrum Test, your chances of passing the vetting increase considerably.
Why John Coleman?
Every PST has his/her own strengths. John Coleman is one of the few LeSS-Friendly Scrum Trainers. John is a prolific blogger on advanced topics, and he leads on content creation for Scrum, Lean UX, measurement, Kanban, scaling, de-scaling, Executives, people & change. John teaches Marshall Goldsmith's techniques at all of his workshops in a #payitforward fashion. All of John's workshops feature Liberating Structures. John Coleman offers a number of practice tests where they are needed. John's client base consists mainly of non-native English speakers (English is the 3d/4th language) in continental Europe. John's clients give rave reviews on Trustpilot, Google, and VocalReferences, and they get great results as long as they also put the effort in.
Review & Ratings for John Coleman of Orderly Disruption on Google, VocalReferences & Trustpilot
Reviews & Ratings for all of John Coleman's workshops are available on:
Google (based from 28+ reviews) - http://bit.ly/GoogleReviewsJohnC
Vocal References (from 110+ reviews) - http://bit.ly/VocalReferencesReviewsJohnC
It's not just about Reviews & Ratings
Reviews & ratings are limited by nature. John needs to understand if the learning made a real difference back in the office. So, John checks in up to 12-18 months later. He sees a pattern of improvement and regularly gets pleasant vibes from successful agility inspired by ideas on the workshops. For example, see this experience report.
Before you buy, please check out the great value voucher offers for bulk buy or individual tickets for Diversity & Inclusion as per the definition at https://www.emccouncil.org/quality/diversity/. Go to https://ace.works/current-offers or email email@example.com with the subject line "vouchers".
Pricing excludes UK VAT. If you enter your organization's VAT number, Eventbrite should treat VAT automatically. If you are unsatisfied with Eventbrite's automatic VAT treatment of your ticket(s) then before (and only before) you proceed with Eventbrite processing it's ok to request a manual invoice. To request a manual invoice simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "manual invoice" -- payment would then be made via an electronic transfer, a Paypal transaction, or an over the phone card payment. Without exception, all seats for a booking must be prepaid to confirm that booking.
Address: city centre location tbc
City: Bucharest Country: โรมาเนีย