This course has been cancelled.
Certified LeSS Basics
Certified LeSS Basic Course
The Certified LeSS Basics course is a brief introduction into the LeSS Framework. It provides a 1-day overview of the framework and some of the essential concepts that it uses. It will help determining whether LeSS is for you.
The main learning goal for participants is to gain more information on what LeSS is, what LeSS is not, the purpose of LeSS and how it may be applicable in their working environment. Students will learn where to find more information about LeSS and what to do if one is interested in adopting LeSS in their company.
Characteristics of the Learners
The main audience is developers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Agile Coaches and managers in product development groups who are interested in expanding their knowledge on various agile scaling approaches.
After the course completion you will be able to:
- Articulate why LeSS
- Explain how LeSS is a Scrum-based approach on scaling
- Summarise what impact this has on the organisational design (structures, policies, etc.)
- Explain the dynamics of component teams vs. feature teams
- Explain all LeSS roles and their purposes
- Explain why there is one and only real PO and not so-called team POs
- Explain the LeSS Complete diagram, organising LeSS information in terms of the principles, rules, guides, and experiments
- Explain how LeSS scales over ~8 teams
- Know the existence of and location of major learning resources at less.works
After the class you will have skills to:
- Analyse their current organisations’ state
- Evaluate the applicability of LeSS in their current work environment
After the class you will be able to make the following connections:
- LeSS is Scrum
- What organisational impacts LeSS adoption may cause
- What impact would LeSS adoption make to your work life
- LeSS is building on top of modern management thinking. Eg. Peter Senge, John Seddon, W. Edwards Deming, Taiichi Ohno, Richard Hackman, Robert Sutton and Jeffrey Pfeffer. The authors and practitioners of LeSS advocate understanding leading management thinkers and prevailing evidence in terms of management thinking, and you are encouraged to continue learning post training.
Human Dimensions Goals
- There is no blame. People’s behaviour is determined by the system they are in (managers have a responsibility to change the system)
- What you could or should learn about yourself
- What is preventing you from influencing the organisation you are currently in
- What you could or should learn about understanding others and/or interacting with them
Basic Scrum knowledge is expected. It can be achieved by:
- attending a Certified Scrum Master or a Professional Scrum Master course, or
- thoroughly reading the Scrum Primer
After Course Completion
All participants will be receiving a Certified LeSS Basics certificate and an account on less.works. The LeSS Basics Certificate will not expire.
Price: 2,100 PLN
Early Bird Price: 1,800 PLN (End Date: 2019-07-20)