Creating Agile Organizations Workshop
Creating agile organizations is hard work, requires patience, humour, and long-term commitment. It can take many years to simplify your organization and discover how to make agility work in your organization. But once you have been through all that, you ought to be able to react more effectively to changing market conditions
In this 3-day workshop, participants explore how to guide an Agile transformation and how it affects the organization design, from product definition, team composition, roles and responsibilities to your appraisal system. In particular, we delve into:
- The role of senior management.
- How to do just enough preparation to successfully start your transformation.
- How to successfully launch the product group and prepare to work in the new organization design.
- How to work with teams in a large group.
- How to guide the product ownership of a large product group.
The course, developed by Cesario Ramos and Ilia Pavlichenko, is based on their book: Creating Agile Organizations, and uses a combination of instructor-led and activity-based learning where participants work in small groups. Participants leave this course with an appreciation for the agile mindset and how to deal with common adoption mistakes. They gain the knowledge and understanding about how to make informed decisions about their transformation that will be most beneficial to their organization.
- Understand how to work with senior management in the transformation process.
- Understand how to design your organization for adaptability and highest value delivery.
- Study the system’s dynamics to define the product and prepare the Product Group
- Prepare and launch the Product Group into its first iteration.
- Sustain the teams, product ownership and management.
- Understand the impact on management, processes and structure of your organization.
- Understand how you can help your organization take the next step.
Agile Organization Design
- Designing for Adaptability.
- The key structural unit of an Agile Organization: The Product Group
- Impact on roles, structure and process.
- Flow Efficiency v.s. Resource Efficiency.
- Organization Structure: How to structure the product group and surrounding organizational units.
- Processes & Integration: How to Coordinate and integrate across units
- People Practices
Preparing the Organization
- Adoption Approach
- Involving senior management
- Understanding Current Reality and Creative Tension
- Designing your Product Group
Launching a Product Group
- Applying Systems Thinking to optimize for Adaptability
- Leading the transformation
- Prepare the initial Product Backlog
- Team Lift offs
- Preparing the first iteration
Coaching the Change Guides
- People Guides: How to deal with resistance, influence people, and make the change productive
- Change management practices
Supporting the Teams, Product Ownership & Management
- Systemic Coaching
- Continual Improvement
- Guiding Product Ownership
- Group Facilitation
Certified - Creating Agile Organizations
All participants receive a Creating Agile Organizations certificate and get a copy of the book: Creating Agile Organizations.
Who Should Attend
The Creating Agile Organization course is for people in manager roles, change leads, senior consultants, coaches and Scrum Masters that support a large-scale Agile transformation effort.
Price: 2 095 EUR
Early Bird Price: 2 095 EUR (End Date: )