Creating Agile Organizations Workshop
This workshop is designed to provide individuals with practical tools and approaches to support large-scale agile transformation efforts.
Creating agile organizations can be a challenging task, requiring patience, humor, and long-term commitment. It can take many years to discover how to make agility work within your organization. However, once you have gone through this process, you should be better equipped to respond more efficiently to changing market conditions.
In this 3-day workshop, participants explore how to guide an Agile transformation and how it affects the organization design, from product definition, team composition, roles and responsibilities to your appraisal system. In particular, we delve into:
- How to guide an Agile organization re-design
- How to do just enough preparation to successfully start your transformation.
- How to successfully launch the product group and prepare to work in the new organization design.
- How to work with teams in a large group.
- How to guide the product ownership of a large product group.
This course, based on "Creating Agile Organizations" by Cesario Ramos and Ilia Pavlichenko, uses a mix of instruction and group activities. Participants learn to adopt agile at a large scale, avoid common mistakes, and make informed transformation decisions for their organization
- Know how to launch and support the change with practical tools and techniques.
- Understand how to design an Agile organization for adaptability and highest value delivery.
- Be ready to study the system's dynamics to define the product and prepare the organization for change.
- Understand how to work with senior management in the transformation process.
Day 1 – Agile Organization Design
- Designing for Adaptability.
- The key structural unit of an Agile Organization: The Product Group
- Impact on roles, structure and process.
- Flow Efficiency v.s. Resource Efficiency.
- 12 Organization Design Guides
- Organization Structure: How to structure the product group and surrounding organizational units.
- Processes & Integration: How to Coordinate and integrate across units
- People Practices
Day 2 – Preparing the Organization
- Adoption Approach
- Coaching for Change
- Understanding Current Reality
- Create a Perfection vision
- Defining your Product
- Designing your Product Group
Day 3 – Launching a Product Group
- Applying Systems Thinking to optimize for Adaptability
- Preparing the first iteration
- Setting coordination
- Team Lift offs
Supporting the Teams & Product Ownership
- Guiding Teams.
- Guiding Product Ownership
Certified - Creating Agile Organizations
All participants receive a Creating Agile Organizations certificate and get a copy of the book: Creating Agile Organizations.
Who Should Attend
The Creating Agile Organization workshop is for people in manager roles, change leads, senior consultants, coaches and Scrum Masters that want to learn practical tools and approaches to support a large-scale Agile transformation effort
Price: 2,495 EUR
Early Bird Price: 2,095 EUR (End Date: 2023-09-01)