Designing Agile Organizations
What is most important for management to understand about being an Agile organization? That you understand that an organizational design is a primary factor in supporting or limiting the people’s possibility to adapt to customer demand effectively.
This 2 day course is about re-designing an organization into one that can respond effectively to market changes and delight the customer.
To quote John Seddon: “Culture Change is Free. People’s behaviour is a product of their system”. In this 2-day course, participants explore how to guide an Agile transformation and how it affects the organization design, from product definition, team composition, roles and responsibilities to your appraisal system.
The course, developed by Cesario Ramos and Ilia Pavlichenko, is based on their book: Creating Agile Organizations, uses a combination of instructor-led and activity-based learning where participants work in small groups.
Participants leave this course with an appreciation for the agile mindset and how to deal with common adoption mistakes. They gain the knowledge and understanding about how to make informed decisions about their transformation that will be most beneficial to their organization.
Course Learning Objectives
- Be able to design your organizations for adaptability and highest value delivery.
- Understand the impact on management, processes and structure of your organization.
- Understand how you can help your organization take the next step.
Day 1: Organizing for Adaptability
- What is an Agile Organization?
- Principles and Management Implications for Agility at Scale
- Typical mistakes when Scaling Agility
- Optimize for Adaptability
- Designing an Agile Organization
Day 2: Organization Re-design Guides
- 12 Agile Organization Design Guides
- Organization Structure: How to structure the product group and surrounding organizational units.
- Processes & Integration: How to Coordinate and integrate across units
- People Practices
- Design your Agile Organization Case Study
Agile Organization Designer
All participants receive an Agile Organization Designer certificate and a copy of the book: Creating Agile Organizations.
Who Should Attend
The Agile Organization designer course is for people in manager roles that play a key role in organization redesign and support an Agile adoption effort. We recommend that Tech, Business and senior management representatives attend, preferably together.
Price: 1,795 EUR
Early Bird Price: 1,795 EUR (End Date: )