Rowan Bunning is an Australian pioneer of Scrum having become one of Australia's first ScrumMasters in 2003, Australia’s first Certified Scrum Practitioner® (CSP) in 2006 and Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST) in early 2008. In 2019 he became the first Path to CSP® Educator in Australia to be accredited to offer the full suite of professional development offerings for ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches through to Certified Scrum Professional®.
With a background in software development including with eXtreme Programming, he was hired as an Agile Coach by one of Europe's foremost Agile consultancies in 2007. Since then, Rowan has guided organisations in a wide variety of industries through accelerated Agile adoptions including Scrum, Kanban and Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) as well as consulting to management on Agile assessment and change leadership.
As an Agile Coach and consultant, Rowan Bunning CST has been guiding large-scale Scrum adoptions in Europe and Australia since early 2008. This includes LeSS adoptions with companies in financial professional services and video games development. Rowan is a Certified LeSS Practitioner (CLP) and a LeSS Friendly Scrum Trainer (LFST) having studied LeSS with both of its creators: Criag Larman and Bas Vodde.
Rowan is Managing Principal at boutique Agile services provider Scrum WithStyle. As a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) since 2008, he has delivered over 500 Certified Scrum courses in Australia, New Zealand and south-east Asia making him one of the most experienced Agile trainers in the Australasian region.
- experience with LeSS-style scaling in Europe since early 2008,
- LeSS-Friendly Scrum Trainer accreditation - the first in Australia,
- Certified LeSS Practitioner (CLP) accreditations with both Bas Vodde and Craig Larman in the highly-regarded Large-Scale Scrum (de)scaling frameworks,
- Path to CSP Educator accreditation - the first in Australia to offer the full Path to CSP for ScrumMasters,
- Certified Agile Leadership credential II (CAL II) accreditation,
- Organisation and Relationship Systems at Work (ORS@Work) coach accreditation,
- spoken about Scrum at conferences in Australia, Europe and North America since 2006, and
- been involved with organising the Sydney Scrum User Group since its inception in 2008.
Rowan specialises in: Advanced Scrum training, LeSS (Large-Scale Scrum) and Organisational Design for genuine agility and maximising customer value.