Large group Product Backlog Refinement in LeSS & LeSS Huge
This session is based on our current experience with Product Backlog Refinement with multiple teams in Requirement Areas (LeSS Huge).
In this workshop we'll do Multi-Team Refinement for a hardware & software product in a LeSS adoption of a (fictional) startup in a potential 10 billion / year market (autonomous delivery of goods). We slice and refine customer-centric items for teams working end-to-end, constantly improving and delivering the product to real customers throughout the Sprint.
Methods we want try out during the workshop:
- Multi-Team Product Backlog Refinement
- Cell-based splitting
- Writing examples when using “Specification By Example”
- Taking "a-bite"
It will cover some TRY & AVOID on:
- Cross-Area PBR
- Overall-, Multi-team- and (team-level) PBR
- Using a 2-level Product Backlog Structure in LeSS Huge
- Product Backlog Items for Learning
- “Dependencies”, cross-team and cross-area (and slicing Areas)
- Splitting big items and slicing customer-centric end-to-end features
- Items vs. User Stories
- Ready vs. Definition of Ready
- And large-group facilitation and how to organize refinement with many teams, stakeholders & customer
- Practical tips how to do Multi-Team PBR
- Methods to slice customer-centric items
- Experiments to try and what to avoid in PBR in LeSS & LeSS Huge