Certified LeSS Practitioner: Principles to Practices
In the training, participants:
- Learn why team agility is not enough to build an organisation that is able to adapt and deliver customer value fast
- Understand the principles that guide you in creating organisational agility
- Practice new thinking tools and explore rules, guides, and experiments that are most important for agility
- Discuss and experience real-world examples
- Leave with action plans and resources to start making a difference in your working environment straight away
What makes this course stand out?
- A course designed to be engaging and interactive (both with material and with collaborative work, where connecting with peers is more important than ever)
- Many tips & tricks on how to apply LeSS and large-scale development both onsite and in a remote environment
- Post-class support for all participants via Slack
Quickly delivering value and innovating in ever-faster cycle times has become a key differentiator between good and great enterprises. Large product-development organisations are turning to agile principles and LeSS to sustainably deliver that innovation at a fast pace.
The key questions many large product development organisations face are:
- How to apply what works well on a small scale to large-scale development?
- What’s the design of an organisation that optimises for learning, agility, and value creation?
- Can I redesign my organisation to create an environment to succeed in the long run?
LeSS is to organisations what Scrum is to teams: a simple, powerful, large-scale product development framework designed to evolve into something that fits perfectly within any unique context. LeSS builds on top of Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional, self-managing teams, and provides a framework to apply them at scale. It presents simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
In this 3-day certified LeSS course, you will learn the LeSS rules, principles, guides, and experiments. Key learnings of this course are:
- Explain what LeSS is and what it is not
- Explain the LeSS roles and their purpose
- Explain how LeSS is a Scrum-based approach to scaling
- Explain the dynamics of component teams vs. feature teams
- Summarise the impact of LeSS on organisational design (structures, policies, etc.)
- Understand how your current organisational design influences the agility of your organisation
- Understand whether and how your organisation can benefit from implementing LeSS
- Explain how LeSS scales over approx. 8 teams
What is special about this course?
This course has been designed for a great interactive experience with techniques from “Training from the BACK of the Room” by Sharon Bowman and “Learning How to Learn” by Barbara Oakley, PhD. It will allow you to take in information in a multisensory way (hearing, seeing, discussing, writing, reflecting, and teaching it to others) and engage in an active review of your knowledge. At the end of the course, you will create action plans on how to use your new skills in your organisation.
In this Certified LeSS Practitioner course, participants work in small groups on how to identify and avoid local optimisation in a wide variety of areas and instead optimise the overall system. A good organisational design that supports the company's goals is the most important key to success in major product developments. In many practical systems modeling sessions, the participants get the answer to the question: Why? By that, they develop a deep understanding of a successful organisational design with LeSS.
The course includes experience reports from some LeSS adoptions, many exercises on specific participants' questions, and detailed Q&A sessions to ensure that the interests of the participants are fully taken into account. Konstantin will also share his experience from working with multiple large, German, and international companies and thus demonstrate the theory with practical examples.
What do participants say about this course?
In his LeSS training Konstantin gives a great theoretical but also highly practical information to his trainees. I highly recommend his way of training and background knowledge. Valuable insights & easy to learn group work.
– Dobrina Linke · MBA | Agile Coach | Scrum Master | LeSS Practitioner | SAFe Agilist
Konstantin gives a great and inspired training - full of real life examples and palpable stories. Great way to learn about #LeSSWorks
– Gabi Koepfer · Scrum Master, Financial Reporting Systems & Yoga Teacher
The LeSS training was excellent and I hope to have the chance joining Konstantin for another training.
– Eva Schmid - Coach / Trainer / Audit Expert
At the end of the course, you will receive the CLP certification and an account on less.works.
In addition, after attending the course, you will be able to claim up to 24 SEUs (Scrum Education Units) under Category C, towards Scrum Alliance CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) credential.
The following topics will be covered in this course:
- Why LeSS
- LeSS and Scrum (what do they have in common and what is different)
- Component Teams vs. Feature Teams
- The LeSS roles
- The LeSS events
- The LeSS principles
- LeSS huge
This course is for everyone in product development: Scrum Masters and agile practitioners, team and organisational coaches, organisational leaders and senior managers, Product Owners and stakeholders, software engineers, hands-on technologists, and others.
The only prerequisite to the course is basic Scrum knowledge. That can be picked up by attending a Certified Scrum Master or a Professional Scrum Master course, or thoroughly reading Scrum introduction material such as the Scrum Primer and practicing Scrum.
About the Trainer
Konstantin Ribel is a Scrum Master – the first fomenter of the LeSS Huge adoption at BMW Group’s Autonomous Driving division.
Konstantin worked in various engineering fields such as complex hardware design, embedded SW development and project management in United Kingdom and Germany.
He is convinced that today’s organisations need a radical structural change to shift mindsets and unleash collective intelligence.
His vision is to foster organisations where human intelligence and efforts are highly respected. Strong desire to learn and question the status quo helped him in bringing LeSS Huge to BMW Group’s Autonomous Driving division.
Price: 1,750 EUR
Early Bird Price: 1,490 EUR (End Date: 2024-01-22)