Certified LeSS for Executives: Principles, Organization, and Change
975 Evergreen Cir (The Woodlands)
SUMMARY: This is a course in ORGANIZATIONAL DESIGN for large-scale product development, with the optimizing goal of ADAPTIVENESS. Learning and applying organizational design (policies of Finance/HR/Development, structure of sites/groups/teams, definition of jobs/paths, and much more) is the responsibility of senior management.
COVID-19 PROCEDURES FOR SAFE IN-PERSON COURSES? For an idea of our goal in each city, from one of our great partners, watch this video.
Learn with Craig Larman—the co-creator of LeSS—in this 3-day highly-participative course. Participants (senior managers, product managers, ...) explore a deep understanding of large-scale organizational design, systems thinking, and LeSS, for adaptive development with many teams working together on one product. We explore adoption, new organizational design, systems optimization, the role of management, and more.
(Course runs until 17:30 on all 3 days, including day 3; for certification, full attendance required)
Critically, we explore the Big Idea of more with LeSS: simplifying & descaling over "scaling", or... scaling product development by descaling the organization.
Perhaps most importantly and interestingly, this course runs mostly as a series of "at giant whiteboards" deep-thinking exercises involving systems modeling in small teams to explore why, so that people can own the ideas by discovering them for themselves, rather than "renting" the ideas. A focus on why and owning not renting are important elements of LeSS and how it's learned, and Craig emphasizes this in the course learning experience.
Join Larman for a deep dive into more with LeSS, based on his long experience with LeSS adoptions.
Feedback from previous courses
“It was inspiring to discuss LeSS with Craig Larman. The content of the course was top-notch.” – Steve Alexander
“The delivery was outstanding and the supporting material vast and detailed.” – Simone Zecchi
“The best course I have ever been on. Totally blown away.” – Simon Powers
In addition to course material, each participant will also receive 3 books on LeSS:
- Large-Scale Scrum: More with LeSS
- Practices for Scaling Lean & Agile Development: Large, Multisite & Offshore Development with LeSS
- Scaling Lean & Agile Development: Thinking and Organizational Tools for Large-Scale Scrum
- descaling and simplifying over scaling: more with LeSS
- LeSS principles, frameworks, guides, experiments
- two LeSS frameworks: basic & LeSS Huge
- pre-adoption: building interest
- the adoption guides
- 3 principles
- getting started
- scope of first adoption
- stories of LeSS adoptions
Local Optimization & System Optimization
- local versus global systems optimization
- local optimization in backlogs
- local optimization in product definition
- local optimization in planning
- local optimization in in analysis & design
- local optimization in programming
- redefining the scope of product, and the impact on global optimization
- portfolio management
- shu-ha-ri and frameworks
- empirical control
- why "More with LeSS"?
- systems optimization
- occupational psychology
- coordination & integration: from communities to architecture
- scaling Product Backlog Refinement, Sprint Review & Retrospective
- multi-site development
LeSS Huge Framework
- Requirement Areas
- Area Product Owners
- role of Overall Product Owner
- Area Backlogs
More on LeSS Roles
- Managers in a LeSS organization
- Scrum Masters at scale
- Product Owner in LeSS
After successful course completion (attending full-time, etc)...
- (free) digital versions of the first, second, and third LeSS books
- more LeSS learning (videos, etc)
- the course handout PDF and photos of everything created within the course that was on the walls
- contacts of all course participants
- a course certificate
Price: 2,699 USD
Early Bird Price: 2,299 USD (End Date: 2022-02-28)
Additional Price Information: group discounts available... please ask